About this traveller

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Follower of Jesus. Husband. Father. Son. Poet. Writer. Preacher. Story-teller. Learner. Pilgrim.

Friday, December 21, 2007

right or wrong place?

I was just thinking that I often think "where will I be in ten years time?", but I've never thought "Am I where I though I'd be ten years ago?"

It's funny how the future impacts us here and now, isn't it? As I look at where I wanted to be ten years ago, I'm amazed at how life's journey has taken a different twist.

I'm happily married. I have two brilliant, smart and funny kids that make me happy even when I'm tired and grumpy, and i'm being used by god in life. It's not how I imagined life yet I can see God's faithfulness as I've journeyed with Jesus.

Don't get me wrong - I've not got it right - I've made massive mistakes and I've hurt people close to me on the way. I'm trying my best to follow Jesus and to trust him.

My point is this - despite our mistakes and the fact that most of us are not in the place we expected to be...

...GOD IS FAITHFUL TO LEAD US AND STICK TO WITH US. Following on from this: We see part of the picture God has already painted for our lives (1 Cor 13 - verse near end of chapter!) but He sees it all - we don't try to work it all out. As we follow Jesus in simple faith he will lead us into places we don't expect. Some of them will be amazing and some of them will be difficult, but all of them will make us more like Jesus if we're simply looking to him. After all, He's the author and the finisher of our faith (Heb 12:1-3)

So wherever you are keep looking to Him. Don't live life with regret. Live life with gusto and simple faith in Christ. He does have a plan - even if we can't see how it will all work out.

Be blessed. Be faithful and be encouraged. God really is in control!

Blessings to you today!

Stuart

No comments: