About this traveller

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Follower of Jesus. Husband. Father. Son. Poet. Writer. Preacher. Story-teller. Learner. Pilgrim.

Friday, December 28, 2007

guilty as charged

I don't know why, but I always have mixed feelings about this time of year. I sat with my family on Christmas day and we gave God thanks for the meal and the gifts. I then pray for those who have little or less than little, and I'm overcome with a torrent of guilt that almosts sweeps my to tears. Compared with many I have little, and compared to billions I am rich. I guesss this truth touched me again and reminded me of the reality that many face - a little is a great blessing when you have nothing, and a lot is meaningless when you have much!

Then comes New Year with the pressure to change your life for the better. We've all made and broken resolutions. I always recommit myself to God at this time of year and I've found that in doing so I gain a fresher and stronger visoin of Jesus. This 'tradition' has become an important aspect of my 'religious calander' and I recommend us all to take time to be with God (even if it is just a few minutes before the bells!) and affirm our ardent desire to follow Jesus by loving God and loving others.

may your new year take you into new spiritual places with God, as well as take you practically into new situations that allow you to shine bright for Christ as you walk in life.

Happy New Year with blessings for 2008.

No comments: