About this traveller

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Follower of Jesus. Husband. Father. Son. Poet. Writer. Preacher. Story-teller. Learner. Pilgrim.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Who am I?

After 33 years you would think that I know the answer. The truth is we can only know who we are in the same measure as we know who God is. I've been greatly encouraged today with the truth that God is my heavenly Father - I know it's a simple truth, but sometimes the simple things are hardest to get hold of.

This ties in with the truth that "I am his beloved son, in whom he is well pleased". I am God's kid and his love is perfect even though I am not. Let that sink in about you:

You are God's kid and he loves you perfectly even though you are not perfect!!

That's amazing grace!

I've been listening to a band called "Casting Crowns" - I'll leave you with words from one of their songs.

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

No comments: