About this traveller

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Follower of Jesus. Husband. Father. Son. Poet. Writer. Preacher. Story-teller. Learner. Pilgrim.

Monday, July 10, 2006

world cup blues?!

Well it's all over - Italy have the title for the next 4 years and Scotland & England have time to improve. We held a world cup youth event last night and it was fab - well done the lads for playing so well.. I mean the band that played at half time - you guys are brill!! Well done.

Gratitude to everyone that came - you are the event!!

What's the goal of all this - I hope we each aim to be lovers of God and people and to follow Jesus who is the saver of the weak, and the lonely, and the hurting, and the lost, and the losers, and the sucessful, and the beautiful, and the young (who often are rejected by the Church).

If you are any of the above (and I'm many of the above!) remember Jesus' words:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Ever thought about really following Jesus - I did about 14 years back and I made it my goal to follow all the time. Life changed...

...for the better (still hard sometimes though, but now I know he's helping me along!).

Think about setting these three goals as aims for your life:

  1. Love God with everything you have
  2. Love people the way you want to be loved
  3. Follow Jesus - his lifestyle example and his awesome teaching

Maybe you're doing that already - stick in there! If not and you want to know how to, speak to us, phone us email us, chat to someone you trust, ask a vicar, read a bible, say a prayer - do something!

England may have bailed on the world cup, but I'm excited about life with God, and excited to be spending time with you guys.

Till Tuesday - stay smiling!

Stu & Jen x

No comments: