About this traveller

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Follower of Jesus. Husband. Father. Son. Poet. Writer. Preacher. Story-teller. Learner. Pilgrim.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Filled and being filled?

Are we already filled or do we need to be filled with the holy spirit?

I believe that we are all filled with the Holy Spirit at conversion. There is also the same desire at various other points in our faith lives. So, yes, we are filled with the Holy Spirit.

Yet at the same time we have the word of Paul to the Church in Ephesians 5:18: “Be filled with the Holy Spirit”. Paul was writing to Christian believers. The tense used here is present-future – meaning that Paul is saying be NOW filled with the Holy Spirit and KEEP ON being filled.

In my prayer life I am seeking to be filled with as much of God’s Spirit as possible, because I see that the more I allow the Holy Spirit to fill my life, the closer I will be in my walk with God through his son Jesus Christ.

Take time today to seeek for a fresh in-filling of the Holy Spirit so that you are growing ever closer to Father God.

No comments: